Period of political and economic transformation
Establishment of EFFECTA S.A. as a Polish joint-venture company, which was the first private commercial joint-stock company in Poland.
In 1995 EFFECTA S.A. was transformed into MEXPOL S.A.
Philosophy of our company:Reliability and fair partnership
First business concept:
Due to extremely high interest rates on loans during the first period of transformation we offered financing the import of machinery and equipment for the agri-food industry to be paid back with goods produced with the use of this equipment.
Involvement in the Polish Dairy Industry (1989-1996)
- Supplies of machinery to be paid with skimmed milk powder, casein and butter,
- Establishing the first food casein production line in Poland (1990),
- Owing to barter agreements and favorable conditions for joint ventures, Mexpol achieved a leading position in the export of milk powder and casein (1889-1996),
- Thus we were able to acquire financial means for further investments.
Involvement in the Polish sugar industry (since 1989)
- machinery supplies to be paid back with molasses and beet pulp pellets,
- launching transloading of molasses directly from rail tankers onto a ship via the port of Szczecin,
- investment in the construction of a transshipment terminal in the port of Gdansk aimed at professional logistics and long-term cooperation,
- gradual increase in the share of molasses exports,
- provision of transloading, warehousing and logistics services to interested companies,
- increasing the storage capacity of the tanks at the terminal to 30 000 tons of molasses (2012),
- investing in a further expansion of the molasses terminal ( up to 34 000 tons) so as to be prepared for a possible increase in sugar and molasses production (when the system of sugar quotas expired in 2017),
- in addition, the terminal was adapted for the possible import of molasses,
- since the early 1990s, we have also exported "out-of-quota" sugar, thus breaking the monopoly of the state-owned company Rolimpex,
- every year, we were involved in organizing symposia for all 76 sugar factories operating at that time, with the participation of high-ranking politicians and specialists (1991-2002) from all over the world,
- in the first years after the economic transformation we were among the largest exporters of Polish goods to the European market,
- Mexpol played an active role in the Sugar Chamber (the association of the Polish sugar industry) during the preparation of the first Sugar Act,
- participation in the first round of privatization of Polish sugar factories,
- after 2004, the EU sugar regime changed the way we performed business in the sugar sector. As a result, it enabled us to continue taking part in sugar exports as a broker.
Involvement in the import of vegetable oils (since 1991)
- expanding our operations by investing in a transshipment and storage facilities for vegetable oil at the Gdansk terminal,
- import of various vegetable oils to supply to the Polish market,
- logistics and freight forwarding services in Polish ports.
Our company continues to actively participate in important events of the sugar industry both in Poland and worldwide. On numerous occasions and during various conferences, Mexpol has had the opportunity and satisfaction to share its knowledge and experience by presenting materials prepared solely by Mexpol staff.